Whether you are a renowned company or small one or mere startups, finding the right distributor for your products is always a difficult task. You need a distributor which place your product on retailer shelves and help promote it. It’s always good to purchase the products from an International Trading Company because it can provide you the quality products at affordable prices at the right time. Along with that, there are some other processes to find a good distributor. Here are some tips which help you to find the best distributor for your products:
1. Choose the best distributor according to your business:
– You don’t need a distributor who just takes orders and delivers the products. You want a distributor who will understand your product’s need and then buy the products. Your distributor should be a wholesaler of the products which fulfill all the demands of the customers. For example, a regional wholesaler buys large products, takes delivery, breaks them down and sells smaller lots to the local wholesaler or directly to retailers.
– Your distributor should not only who just provide the products to retailers or other wholesalers. A good distributor is one who imports and exports business in a huge way. A good distributor imports quality product from reliable sources and exports the same products to buyers without any inconveniences.
– A good distributor not just delivers but also helps to sell the product. As he has good knowledge about the retailers and you don’t. He is good in merchandising i.e placing the product and promotes the product within the retailer space in a way that enhances sales. For example Brand testing, brochure placement or demo/sample days.
2. Make a list of candidates:
The second tip is to make a list of candidate distributors. You have to consider few points here before selecting a distributor: Do they serve your industry, will they do merchandising, will they buy the product for resale, and do they already serve the main retailers you want?
You can also ask your target retailers for the distributors who service them for your category of product. You can make a list of traders depends on the expertise and need of your business. For example:
- Are they provide local or global trade services.
- Are they provide some kind of free trading such as free stock trading or global tax free trading etc.
- Distributors are always members of a trade association and magazines and often advertise in an industry publication. You can choose a distributor from these publications.
3. Meet the criteria of these candidates:
The next step is to qualify the candidate for your list:
- Do they serve your target retailers and geographical
- Do they perform merchandising?
- Is your order large enough to deliver to them?
- Will they buy your product for resale?
- Do they require exclusive distribution rights?
- Will they agree to follow your pricing plan?
- Do they require a restriction on internet sales?
4. Agree on a deal:
Once you have found a right distributor to meet all your distributing needs, the part left is whether you can agree on a deal or not. Following are the points about key elements are appropriate here:
– If you have ordered a particular stock exclusively for a territory and your distributor fails to deliver, you are free to choose another distributor or cancel your order.
– You will need to provide an acceptable policy for repairs, warranty claims and returned goods.
– If you order has not received in time, do they agree to provide a higher discount /lower price for a few month after the launch.
– Price is the most important factor of the deal. The distributor’s concern is that the manufacture’s price to him is low enough to enable both distributor and retailers to make their target profit.
Finding a good distributor is very complicated indeed. These above tips can help you to find the distributor of your choice. If you are looking for a wholesale beverage distributor then Bondedpro can be the best choice for you. Bondedpro is the global beer distributor which provides the best quality beverages to their clients worldwide.